Walk This Way
Part 2: Be Like Jesus
Forrest Jenan – September 17, 2017
HANG OUT (warming up to the topic)
1. Check in to see how everyone’s week was.
2. Take time to review this week’s teaching and discuss your reactions. Talk about what most challenged, puzzled, and encouraged you
HEAR (listening to God through Scripture)
3. Did you try any of the practices from last week’s discussion questions? What was it like? How have you made steps to “be with Jesus?”
4. Transformation is not just a Christian thing; it’s a human thing. We are all becoming someone. Is your transformation by design, or by default? What is the difference between the two?
5. Read 1 Timothy 4:7-10; What do you think Paul is trying to say here? Read James 1:2-4; James believed transformation can even happen through the hard knocks of our lives. How can becoming like Jesus help us use those hard knocks in life as a catalyst for deep growth and change?
7. Read Matthew 13:1-23; What is the only changing variable in the parable of the sower? What kind of “soil” have you planted yourself in?
HUDDLE (making it personal and praying together)
8. What are some ways that this group can help you become more like Jesus?
9. Take time to pray together as a community for Visalia, and for God to spend his Spirit out that we might continue to become more and more like Jesus.