WALK THIS WAY
Part 1: Be With Jesus
Forrest Jenan – September 10, 2017
HANG OUT (warming up to the topic)
1. Check in to see how everyone’s week was.
2. Take time to review this week’s teaching and discuss your reactions. Talk about what most challenged, puzzled, and encouraged you.
HEAR (listening to God through Scripture)
3. Why is this series titled, “Walk This Way?” What is the significance of the word “walk?”
4. Read Ephesians 5:2, 1 John 1:5-7, and 2 John 1:6; What are Paul and John calling us to do here? Walking goes hand in hand with following when it comes to Jesus. What does it look like to actually follow a leader? Who are some leaders that have lead you in the past?
5. The first step of becoming a disciple of Jesus, is to be with Jesus. The only problem is…Jesus isn’t here. Yet, we are told in the New Testament that Jesus has sent his Spirit to be with us. What does it look like to “be with Jesus” if he isn’t here? What does that look like in your everyday life?
6. Read John 15:1-8; Jesus talks about remaining in him. What are some ways that you can “be in two places at once?” How can this group help you do that?
HUDDLE (making it personal and praying together)
If you want the life of Jesus, you have to take up the lifestyle of Jesus. And it starts with this:
- Bible Reading